I thrive in places where my work is a combination of my creative and management skills. I am very driven to challenge myself in different roles in my professional life and would love to work in management in the fields of product development, e-commerce, e-learning and publishing in the world of technology.
Inspera AS: Product Manager
Inspera AS, Oslo
September 2014 – present
Managing the product Inspera Learn in addition to the continued responsibilities of managing on-going projects.
- Maintenance and further development of the product
- Assistance in sales activities for the product
- Market study, requirements analysis and study of products offered by the competition
- Responsibility for the quality of the end product
Inspera AS: Project Manager
Inspera AS, Oslo
September 2012 – August 2014
In the course of the two years, I have been responsible for a variety of projects, both for new product development and also for maintenance projects for various clients. Additionally, I have been responsible for the conception of some of the products as well, along with a team of designers. I have often had to play the role of a system architect as well as contribute in the detailed conception and design of products. (Details can be found in my portfolio which exhibits some of my work)
- Conception, Specification, Development, Testing, Delivery, Maintenance of projects
- Maintaining great customer relations
- Generating more revenue from existing clients by improving services and products
- Administrative work such as invoicing, estimating and budgeting, project planning, resource management, competence sharing, documentation, contractual work, etc.
IBM Paris: Project Manager
PMO, Business Analytics and Optimization
April 2012 – September 2012
Following my graduate studies at Polytechnique, I worked along-side a senior manager from IBM Global Business Services (Business analytics and optimization) in their Bois-Colombes office located in Paris. She mentored me and I worked as a PMO on a large scale programme (running over 2 years with a budget touching € 2,5 million, for a client that is a global group of leading luxury stores with their headquarters in the heart of Paris next to the Opera.)
- Responsible for managing the plan, budget, risks and actions of the project
- Direct support to the Project Owner by assimilating inputs regarding the advancements and evolutions from the various sub-project managers and partners
- Weekly technical meetings and weekly follow-up of the 5 sub-projects with their respective managers and teams
- Weekly meetings with the MOA (Maîtrise d’ouvrage) to incorporate adjustments, evolutions and new demands during the life-cycle of the project
- Responsible for steering the resources (around 30+ individuals including managers, system architects, db administrators, etc.) for the project at all times in co-operation with the client (they had their own IT department with employees that we had to manage)
École Polytechnique de Paris: Graduate student
I was accepted into a master’s program titled COMASIC (french abbreviation for Conception and Management of Complex Information Systems). The program was taught in French medium by a variety of professors and guest speakers from the industry.
Inspera AS: Programmer
It was nothing short of a privilege to start a career, right out of university, as a programmer at Inspera. Over the course of a year and a half, I got to learn a great deal about the e-learning industry and helped develop and maintain products for a variety of clients.
- I got a lot of direct exposure to dealing with clients from different areas of service including government organizations, publishing companies, schools, etc.
- Developed (in a team) a CMS that supports learning resources and cross-media publishing from a single source, and consequently various online portals that use it
- Worked as a part of a small team and shared multiple responsibilities (development, client support, internal management of tasks) over the course of 1,5 years
- Other responsibilities included following up with clients directly to understand their needs and come up with solutions to ensure their satisfaction, contributing in the improvement of internal routines and tasks, and general technical and functional documentation work
- Recommendation letter
Manipal University: Undergraduate student
BE in Information and Communication technology
Here’s my take on my set of skills.